Bug Fixing

The issues I identified yesterday were: left developer shortcuts in, problems with terrain materials and the game breaking gate bug where the weather would change twice. I also had majour issues with building.
The first two issues were easy to solve – just took out some key events and remade the material.

The building problem was caused by a non standard character in a map file that I had accidentaly changed in explorer. Deleting this fixed it.

The game breaker was my real issue. I tried to fix it but got nowhere, so I had a programmer friend help me with it. He reccomended using a timer and a boolean to make sure that the trigger is disabled for two seconds after it is enabled. We made a function that sets the boolean and then called it in the timer, switching it to off after the tigger is collided with and then disabling its use for two seconds.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s