I’m not sure if this goes here, or if I need to hand the sheets in separate, but I had my second supervisor meeting of the semester with Lynn today, so I figured I’d write it up.
- Progress Report
- Projectors – when do they need to go back?
- Texture plane emission rendering issue
- Sound? (know a couple of people but need to ask about availability)
- Dissertation World Count
- Critical Framework?
- Cover Letter Examples
- Got Projectors – didn’t have displayport connection
- Tested on Triple Monitors – Worked well – Good sense of presence
- Got HDMI to Displayport cable
- Had a look at some installations online
- Will test tonight
- Looked at different styles for transitioning from real to abstract
- Made new textures for the nature corridor – transition worked well, but new models and textures are needed.
- Made new tree textures and added blueprint for switching between them. Again, worked well but a new model is needed. Extending this idea into the whole room is also needed for visual consistency.
- Looked at colour emotion and colour preference research
- New Schedule
- Client project storyboards
- Client project test animations
Agreed action points
- Work on concept for open space – make sure its driven by concept not tech
- Read about/Play examples of goaling and faking open world space
- Define framework for case studies
- Send contextual review + maya files over
- Make decision on tech
- Eyes mechanic – people might close them in real life, what image is there before – something real like wall or desktop? Something to think about.
- Changing textures – blend maps, lerping?
- Cover letter advice – who I am, why you’re good, what I can give you + what I can get in return.